US Solar's GIS & Site Selection Team strives to identify high quality leads for potential solar development and to provide geospatial context and support to all facets of US Solar through use of GIS technology. The GIS Technician will work as part of the GIS & Site Selection Team supporting geospatial analysis and outreach creation for community, DG, and Grid-Scale solar projects. This position will work closely with our GIS Analysts and Project Developers producing high quality deliverables in a fluid and fast paced environment.
● Utilize Esri and Open-Source GIS Software to capture, display, manage, query, and analyze geospatial data
● Create custom maps and charts
● Oversee outreach creation
● Perform tabular data analysis
● Create detailed documentation of workflows
● Research and analyze publicly available datasets for geospatial analysis
● Delineate, digitize, and maintain datasets from written description or unclear requirements
● Research and compile data for special studies, environmental reports, and internal memos
● Contact outside parties for technical support
● Perform other duties as assigned
● Able to translate spatial requests into technical deliverables
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
● Detail-oriented with excellent organization
● Completes work in a timely and professional manner
● Able to react quickly and problem-solve in changing environment
● Working understanding of technical requirements of GIS software and workflows
● Able to troubleshoot technology related issues independently
● Bachelor's degree in GIS, Geography or related field
● Experience with ESRI software: ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, etc.
● Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc)
● Experience and proficiency with geodatabase administration
● Knowledge or interest in the solar marketplace, technology, and industry
● 1-3 years professional GIS experience
● Experience and/or interest in Python programming (ArcPy, Pandas)
● Solar or renewable energy experience
US Solar is a developer, owner, operator, and financier of solar and solar + storage projects, with a focus on emerging state markets, community solar programs, distributed generation, and small-scale utility projects nationwide. US Solar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe diverse teams and diverse perspectives lead to better outcomes and breakthrough thinking, which are differentiators in any business and fundamental to our long-term success
This position provides real estate support with respect to US Solar’s portfolio of renewable energy development assets located across the United States. This position will also assist US’s Solar’s Minneapolis office manager with various office administrative tasks. Experience in the power industry or real estate is preferred, but not required. The ideal candidate must be able to self-manage, problem solve, communicate, and work cooperatively with other function areas to support US Solar’s overall operations. This position requires the ability to work full-time, in-person, Monday through Friday in US Solar’s Minneapolis, MN office. Working remote is not an option for this postition.
US Solar is seeking a Project Developer in Chicago, IL. The Project Developer will be responsible for site acquisition, permitting, interconnection, and other development activities for DG solar projects. This employee will understand the market(s) they work in, strategize, and execute the development strategy. The Project Developer will have the support of a small, close-knit development team but will also work directly with upper management and have a high degree of autonomy.