The GIS Analyst will apply Geographic Information Science (GIS) principles to identify sites suitable for solar and aid in the development of solar projects. This position will work closely with other GIS Professionals implementing and improving established workflows while also addressing acute, demand driven tasks from other teams that require GIS support. This position will produce high quality deliverables in a fluid and fast paced environment for multiple internal and external stakeholders. Interested applicants should be excited to join a team proliferating solar through the application of GIS.
• Utilize Esri and Open-Source GIS Software to capture, display, manage, query, and analyze geospatial data
• Create custom maps and charts
• Perform tabular data analysis
• Interpret and effectively use zoning/local ordinance documents
• Create detailed documentation of workflows
• Stay abreast of new geospatial trends and technologies
• Research and analyze publicly available datasets for geospatial analysis
• Delineate, digitize, and maintain datasets from written description or unclear requirements
• Identify and automate routine tasks using Python
• Research and compile data for special studies, environmental reports, and internal memos
• Assist in the creation and management of geospatial web applications
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Able to translate spatial requests into technical deliverables
• Able to implement new automations where manual responsibilities can be replaced
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Detail-oriented with excellent organization
• Completes work in a timely and professional manner
• Effective working individually as well as with a team
• Able to react quickly and problem-solve in changing environment
• Able to think critically about the source of data and information
• Experience working with both internal and external stakeholders
• Working understanding of technical requirements of GIS software and workflows
• Able to troubleshoot technology related issues independently
• Design and implement methods of QA/QC for own work as well as others’
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Geography, GIS, Environmental Science, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
• Experience and proficiency with Python and other scripting tools
• Experience with ArcMap and/or ArcGIS Pro
• Experience with ArcPy and/or other geospatial libraries
• Experience with Pandas or similar tabular data analysis toolset
• Experience and proficiency with geodatabase administration
• Experience and mastery of Microsoft 365 apps
• Knowledge or interest in the solar marketplace, technology, and industry
• Experience with ArcGIS Online
• Knowledge of web map tools like Leaflet, MapBox, etc.
• Experience with Conda/Anaconda
US Solar is a developer, owner, operator, and financier of solar and solar + storage projects, with a focus on emerging state markets, community solar programs, distributed generation and small-scale utility projects nationwide. US Solar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe diverse teams and diverse perspectives lead to better outcomes and breakthrough thinking, which are differentiators in any business and fundamental to our long-term success.
US Solar is seeking a Project Finance Senior Associate who will support and drive the financings of a pipeline of community solar and small-scale utility solar projects. The finance group is responsible for interfacing with external tax equity and debt investors active in solar and storage financing. The position will support in these activities, including, but not limited to, investor outreach materials, detailed financial analysis of financing options, and negotiating/managing transaction closings with investors. The position also requires the individual to work collaboratively with our internal project development and operations teams in our Minneapolis office. This position includes state policy/program analysis of new markets and the financial analysis as well. This is a great opportunity for a highly-driven individual to enter a high-growth solar company with an entrepreneurial work environment. This position will interact with virtually all aspects of the business and wil
This position reports directly to the director of regulatory and legislative affairs and will support US Solar’s participation and tracking of various state and federal regulatory dockets and stakeholder processes. Significant time will be spent writing regulatory comments and motions. The position will also be responsible for review and analysis of state and federal legislation, program rules, and utility contracts, tariffs, and RFPs. Position is ideal for a JD or masters degree graduate with a strong interest in energy policy and regulatory engagement. Strong writing skills are required, along with the ability to effectively represent US Solar in regulatory workshops and stakeholder groups regarding technical topics such as utility interconnection, rates, and program design.